Public Works Logo

Public Works
350 South 5th Street
RM 203 City Hall
Minneapolis, MN  55415-1390

To contact, call 311.

Requests for City of Minneapolis Lane Use

Process to Request Lane Use

Obstruction Permit Posting of No Parking Signs

Hooding of Parking Meters

In order to obtain an obstruction permit or to request the posting of "no parking" or "hooding of parking meters" all applicants are required to access the Minneapolis Lane Use website.

Enter the Lane Use Website 

Process to Register if New Applicant

All applicants will have to register for a new account the first time.

Instructions for Lane Use Website (PDF)

Last updated Oct 23, 2020



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Public Works  ©1997-2021 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo