Public Works Job Opportunities
Applications for the 2021 Public Works Service Worker positions are not open yet. When it opens, you can apply at http://www2.minneapolismn.gov/jobs. Please check back here for updates.
Public Works is Hiring
The City will begin accepting applications for the following positions on October 1, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019:
- Public Works Service Worker I
- Public Works Service Worker Trainee
- Public Works Service Worker II
- Water Works Service Worker I
- Water Works Service Worker I Trainee
All application materials must be received no later than October 31, 2019. To be considered for a position and to review the qualifications and requirements please see the information below.
- Position Information
- Information Sessions
- About Public Works
Please check out Quick Links for a list of documents and videos.
Lynnette Douglas-Coleman is a Public Works Service Worker I. She has a lot to share about working in the Surface Water & Sewer division.
Danny Dick, Public Works Service Worker I, works in Solid Waste & Recycling. Hear what he has to say about working in his division.
Applications will be accepted beginning October 1. All applications and related materials must be received no later than October 31.
To be considered for a position and to review the qualifications, please visit the City of Minneapolis Job Opportunities site and follow the instructions to submit your application materials. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at (612) 673-2282 ext. 0.
- The City only accepts applications online. We do not have a paper application.
- A valid email address is required to create an account. All communication with applicants will be via email, so be sure to check your email frequently (including spam/junk mailbox).
- Provide your legal name as it appears on your Social Security card. Format your name in upper and lower case letters.
- All required documents listed on the job posting must be submitted with a completed application by the closing date. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- A resume is not a substitute for completing the online application. If the online application does not include complete information, it will not be considered further.
- Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees have access to the information submitted.
- The City of Minneapolis does not retain applicant login or password information .Forgotten passwords can be reset by clicking "Reset Password" on the login page.
- Your application status will be updated throughout the hiring process, and is found within your account under "Applications and Status".
Marge Mollers is a Public Works Service Worker I. Hear what she has to share about working Solid Waste & Recycling - Organics division.
Our information sessions offer you the opportunity to go beyond the website and talk to department representatives about what skills Public Works is seeking and the application process. Computer access will be available to help candidates apply online during the sessions. Information sessions are conveniently located throughout the city on the following dates:
- Project for Pride in Living - 1021 E. Franklin Avenue Mpls, MN 55404 October 3, 2019. 1pm - 3pm
- Emerge – NORTH 1834 Emerson Ave No. Mpls, MN 55411 October 15, 2019 1pm-3pm
- Public Works Hiawatha Facility 1901 E. 26th Street Mpls, MN 55404 October 16, 2019 5pm - 7pm
- American Indian OIC – 1845 East Franklin Ave. Mpls, MN 55404 October 23, 2019 930am - 11pm
- Summit Academy OIC – 935 Olson Memorial Hwy Mpls, MN 55405 October 24, 2019 3pm-5pm
- Minneapolis Urban League – 2100 Plymouth Ave No. Mpls, MN 55411 October 28, 2019 5pm-7pm
- CAPI Immigrant Opportunity Center– 5930 Brooklyn Blvd Brooklyn Center MN 55429. October 29, 2019 3pm-5pm
Download Information Session Information here: 2019 Information Sessions - All. PDF
Miles Cunningham is a Public Works Service Worker I. Check out his experiences working in the Surface Water & Sewers division.
Our mission is to build, operate and maintain the public infrastructure and provide services with a high performing Public Works department, where collaborative leadership and public/private engagement are standard business practices.
- Surface Waters & Sewer
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Water Treatment & Distribution Services
- Fleet Services
- Transportation Engineering & Design
- Traffic & Parking Services
- Transportation Management & Repair
- Transportation Planning & Programming
For more information about our divisions, download the Public Works brochure.
Applications are open Oct 1 - Oct 31 2019.
For more information or to request accessible copies of any of these documents, please contact Monique Fish at [email protected]
Last updated Sep 2, 2020