You can make a fireworks noise complaint online.
Non-explosive fireworks are legal in Minneapolis. Examples: sparklers, cones, tubes that spark, snakes and party poppers.
You can use these types of fireworks in your yard or on your sidewalk.
What's NOT legal
- Fireworks that explode or take off. Examples: firecrackers, bottle rockets, missiles, roman candles, mortars and shells.
- You may not use any fireworks on public property including roads, alleys, schools and parks.
When to call 911
- Call 911 for fireworks-related issues that are threat to life safety threats or are fire hazards.
- A person is injured by fireworks.
- Airborne fireworks landing on a building or wooded area posing a fire risk.
- The size of a fireworks gathering and unruly behavior are a threat to others.
When to call 311
- Call 311. (Note: 311 is closed July 4.)
- Use the 311 mobile app at anytime.
- Text “fireworks” to 311898 to enter a fireworks complaint.
- File a complaint online.
We review noise complaints during normal business hours. We may follow up with the property owner.
Last updated Apr 27, 2020