Public Works

Parking Services

Questions about parking or rates? Contact Us.

Disability Parking Zones

Minneapolis Traffic & Parking Services installs disability parking signs. Disability parking zones are not exclusive to any resident or property owner. Any vehicle with disability license plates or displaying a disability certificate may park in the signed space.


Traffic & Parking Services will install disability parking signs in front of your property if you, or a relative living with you, have current disability license plates or a disability certificate (hanging tag).

Disability parking signs are installed at the request of property owners. If you rent, you must get the signature of the property owner to have disability parking signs installed.


Disability parking sign scan be installed for commercial businesses or institutions, in front of their property, if a business owner, or their employees, or patrons, possess a current disability plate or disability certificate (hanging tag).

Apply for a Parking Zone

Complete the application and questionnaire and deliver it by mail or in person to:

Traffic & Parking Services
300 Border Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55405

Residential Disability Zone Application (PDF)

Commercial Disability Zone Application (PDF)

Traffic & Parking Services will to determine if the requested zone meets the City disability parking policy standards and whether a disability parking zone or a transfer zone best suits the given situation.

Notify City When Space No Longer Needed

If the person requiring a disability parking zone moves, or their certificate expires and is not reissued, the property owner is responsible for notifying Traffic & Parking Services, in writing, that the disability parking zone is no longer needed.


If you have questions, please contact a 311 Customer Service agent so they can connect you with the appropriate person.

Call 311 or 612- 673-3000,   TTY 612- 673-2157.
Submit a 311 contact us form with your questions or comments.

Last updated Oct 22, 2018



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Public Works  ©1997-2020 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo