Policy for Expenditure of NRP Funds
On November 20, 2015, the Minneapolis City Council approved the Policy for Expenditure of NRP Funds. The policy was developed at the request of the Minneapolis City Council’s Health, Environment & Community Engagement Committee on November 17, 2014. You can review the background and community engagement leading to this new policy.
You can find NCR’s report to the HECE and:
• Policy for Expenditure of NRP Funds
• Proposed Schedule of Reports
• NCR Powerpoint Presentation to HECE
For neighborhood organizations that have a Phase II NRP Plan that was approved more than seven years ago:
• NCR will prepare a status report of each neighborhood’s Phase I and Phase II NRP Action Plans, based on the most recent available data. We will prepare these reports in chronological order based on the date of approval of neighborhoods’ Phase II NRP plans. We anticipate preparing and delivering four status reports to neighborhood organizations each month, starting in January 2016. The status reports will identify the date of approval of the neighborhood’s Phase I and Phase II plans, and the percentage of NRP funds contracted and expended.
• Your neighborhood organization will have 90 days from receipt of the status report to address or correct any inaccuracies. Your NCR Neighborhood Support Specialist is available to help you review the status report.
• Neighborhood organizations that have not contracted at least 95% of funds after seven years and expended at least 85% of funds will need to do at least one of the following:
o Submit a plan on how your neighborhood organization will reach the thresholds within one year of receiving the status report;
o Complete a robust neighborhood review process within 18 months of receiving the status report; or
o Request a waiver.
Neighborhood organizations that have not yet reached the seven-year anniversary of approval of their Phase II Plan will receive a status report from NCR shortly after that date.
Neighborhoods that have not yet submitted an NRP Phase II Plan for approval must complete Phase II planning by December 31, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact your Neighborhood Support Specialist at NCR. View specialists...
Last updated Aug 31, 2020