NRP Policy Board
The Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) Policy Board reviews and approves neighborhood organizations' NRP plans and reviews their Community Participation Plan submissions.
As of December 2019, find all NRP Policy Board meeting dates, agendas, bylaws, board member information and other background information on the NRP Policy Board webpage in lims.minneapolismn.gov.
NRP Policy Board work
NRP plan review
The Policy Board takes action on various NRP plans:
- The Policy Board reviewed and approved Phase II plans.
- Substantial modifications to existing NRP Phase I and Phase II Plans also are reviewed by the Policy Board.
Community Participation Program (CPP) review
For the period beginning in July 2012 and extending through 2013 NRP funds were used as the source for CPP financing. Use of NRP funds requires Policy Board review and approval for funding of two program submissions:
- CPP submissions from neighborhood organizations will be reviewed by the Policy Board.
- Neighborhood Priority Plans will be required from all neighborhood organizations. The Policy Board will review and approve all the Priority Plans.
- The Policy Board will also coordinate among City departments and other jurisdictions on implementing the priorities included in Neighborhood Priority Plans.
Proposed change to plan modification process
The Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) Policy Board has proposed a change to the neighborhood plan modification approval process.
Public comment on the proposed changes opened Feb. 16 and will close April 6, 2021 at 12 p.m. (noon). Download the document with proposed changes highlighted here
NRP processes require neighborhood organizations to take certain steps in order to modify funding strategies, reallocate funds within approved strategies or create a new strategy. The proposed policy change does the following:
- Plan modifications over $200,000 will require the approval of the NRP Policy Board
- Plan modifications $200,000 and under will be administratively approved by the NCR Department Director
- Updates how broad-based neighborhood support can be demonstrated
- Allows NRP funds that were placed in a neighborhood priority plan to revert back to a NRP strategy upon closure of the Community Participation Program (CPP)
- Allows the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department (NCR) to make minor administrative adjustments to plan allocations during contract closeouts
- Authorizes programmatic documents to reflect these changes
Please submit your comments by either:
- Email: [email protected]
- Voicemail: 612-673-3737
For answers about meeting times, dates, locations or to request past meeting minutes not available on the NRP Policy Board webpage in lims.minneapolismn.gov, email Steve Gallagher at [email protected].
Last updated Feb 24, 2021