Minneapolis Advisory Committee on Aging (MACOA)
The Minneapolis Advisory Committee on Aging, a restructured continuation of the Senior Citizen Advisory Committee, provides the oversight, monitoring and evaluation of the Minneapolis for a Lifetime Strategy with assistance from the NCR Department and other stakeholders. The committee brings senior citizen concerns to the attention of the mayor and City Council.
As of December 2019, find all MACOA meeting dates, agendas, bylaws, commissioners and other background information on the MACOA webpage in lims.minneapolismn.gov.
- To advise the Mayor and City Council of the existence of situations and problems concerning senior citizens.
- To suggest or recommend action to deal with these situations.
- To advise and suggest programs or activities of value to the City generally.
- To advise and suggest programs or activities of particular value to senior citizens.
- To serve as liaison or as an additional channel of communication between the Mayor’s Office, the City Council and the senior citizen community.
- To develop long and short range goals and objectives on an annual basis.
- To work closely with the Minneapolis Senior Ombudsman.
- To act at all times within the province of this charge for the general interest of Minneapolis senior residents, rather than in the specific interests of any group or individual.
For more information, to request historical meeting agendas or minutes, or to confirm meeting days, times and locations, please contact Christina Kendrick at (612) 673-3952 or [email protected]
Last updated Jul 2, 2020