ePlan (ProjectDox) - Electronic Plan Submission
Upgrades are on their way for Electronic Plan Review
The City of Minneapolis launched Electronic Plan Review in 2016. It’s now time to make this system even better for you with a major upgrade.
The new version of Electronic Plan Review launched the first week of May. Be sure to check out the new guides below.
Permit Review times during Stay Home MN Orders
Due to the ongoing restrictions associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, standard permit review times will be longer than normal.
The Minneapolis Development Review team is making every effort to remain open during this period where most review work is being done remotely to protect both you and our staff.
Currently, no permits are processed same day.
We ask for your grace and patience as we work to stay safe and provide our permitting and plan review services.
Customer Focused, Outcome Based, and Performance Driven
Electronic Plan Review – ePlan
How do I apply for a Permit or Plan Review?
- Submit your application electronically
- Open the appropriate application from the list below – all permit applications are fillable PDF documents. You will need Adobe Acrobat / Adobe Reader on your device
- Save the blank application to your computer or device
- Complete the entire application
- Save the complete form to your computer or device
- Email the completed form to [email protected], don’t forget to attach the form
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Food Plan Review Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plan Revision Submittal Form (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Regulated Backflow Assembly (RBA) (PDF)
- Street Use Permit Application (PDF)
- Solar Energy Installations Permit Application (PDF)
- Soil Erosion Permit Application (PDF)
- Wrecking Permit Application (PDF)
Prepare your Documents and Plans
Are you looking to submit or revise plans (drawings) and/or documents to a permit you've already applied for? You can now submit these online for the City of Minneapolis to review electronically.
- Verify that you have already submitted a permit application.
- Prepare your files
- The City of Minneapolis prefers all drawings and documents to be submitted as searchable vector PDF or DWF files
- All files should be oriented to be legible
- Each plan sheet to be uploaded as a single file
- Follow the File Naming standards to ensure proper sorting of files.
- Number each sheet following the convention of: 001-Cover Sheet, 002-Survey, 003-A1.0, etc.
- Corrected or revised submissions must use the same file name as the original document to ensure version control
- Leave space in each file for the City of Minneapolis stamp in the upper right-hand corner
- Documents 8.5” x 11” should leave a 2” x 2” clear area
- All other document sizes leave a 4” x 4” clear area
- Finally, each sheet must illustrate a typical graphic scale. All plans must be drawn to scale.
NOTE: Your application will not be accepted if your files are not prepared per these instructions.
Submit your Documents and Plans
- Log into the Electronic Plan Review System (ProjectDox).
- You will receive an email invitation to your ProjectDox Project and a Task email instructing you to upload your plans.
- Follow the steps in the email to log into ProjectDox. New users will receive a temporary password included in the invitation email.
- Once logged in, find the appropriate task to Upload and Submit your files
How to Accept a Task
- Upload your documents and plans using the eForm within ProjectDox.
NOTE: This step must be complete before we are able to move forward in the process.
Upload and Submit Files
- Your documents and plans will be reviewed by a Development Coordinator during the Prescreen process.
- We will notify you, via email, if there are any problems with your submission. A common reason we would reach out is not following the City’s file submission guidelines as seen above under Prepare Your Documents and Plans. Be sure to orient your pages and name each file correctly.
What happens during the Review process
The Development Coordinator will work with the appropriate Reviewers for your project. During this process, you can expect to receive email communication regarding updates. It generally will take 5-15 days for your project to be fully reviewed.
NOTE: During this time with the COVID-19 pandemic, review times will be longer than normal. Please be patient as we work to thoroughly review your project.
Submitting Revised Documents and Plans
If corrections are required, you will receive an email from the City of Minneapolis with the subject “Resubmit Applicant Task” advising of the need to re-submit corrected sheets or respond to inquiries from the Reviewers.
Upload Files for Resubmission
We ask that during this, you respond to each Changemark and/or Checklist item noted by the Reviewers within the ProjectDox system.
It is common to have multiple resubmissions during a project in order to ensure your project is compliant with City Ordinance and Minnesota Statue.
How do I pay the appropriate fees for the project?
Work with your Development Coordinator to pay the appropriate fees.
If fees are due after your project is reviewed, you will receive an email with instructions what your next steps are.
Accessing Approved Plans
After your review is complete, you will receive an email with instructions to download your approved plans.
Download Approved Plans
NOTE: A paper copy of approved plans must be on site of your project.
Get help with ePlan
Last updated Nov 12, 2020