Mayoral Fellowship Program
UPDATE: The Mayor Fellowship program is currently on hold. Applications may still be submitted for future consideration and we will update applicants once we have new program dates in place. Thank you.
Are you interested in becoming a Mayoral Fellow within Mayor Jacob Frey’s Office? We offer a robust Fellowship program over the course of three times a year. Part-time paid fellowships are available with a minimum of 15 hours a week. Available for undergraduate and graduate students.
If you are interested in a future career in politics, journalism, public relations, or similar then a Mayoral Fellowship may be for you!
Interested candidates should submit a 500 word essay, a resume, available hours (part time), and three references.
What does a Fellow do in the Mayor’s Office?
- Handle constituent services requests
- Database entry
- Conduct research about issues and policies
- Gather data for reports and documents
- Research, draft and edit a wide variety of written material
- Attend and help with logistics for various meetings and events
- Compose letters and correspondence for the Mayor and Mayor’s staff
- Support Mayor’s Staff as assigned
Types of Fellowships
- Fellow, College Undergraduate (enrolled)
- Fellow, Graduate School (enrolled)
Selection cycle will be three times a year. Candidates who are selected will be contacted for an in-person interview.
Due to the large interest in our Fellowship Program, we will not be able to hire every student.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to seek college credit for their internship and have these requirements available from their school prior to accepting a Fellowship.
Last updated May 7, 2020