Listed below are the applications for a new license. Before you begin, look at our instructions on how to apply for a business license.
- Car Wash: A business with equipment to wash cars and trucks. This includes self-service car washes. A license is not required for a repair garage or a gas station with a car wash.
- Gasoline Filling Station: The sale of gasoline or other fuels to the public.
- Motor Vehicle Dealers: The sale or offer to sell more than three motor cars or trucks in a 12-month period. You must have a Motor Vehicle Repair Garage License if you offer repair services.
- Motor Vehicle Repair Garage: The repair of cars and trucks. You do not need a license if your company only
- provides fuel, checks fluid levels, replaces filters and other minor services (gas station) or
- repairs cars and trucks of your own private fleet.
- Motor Vehicle Used Parts Dealer: Buying, selling, or storing used, rebuilt, or new car or truck parts.
- Parking Lot: Any open air place with 10 or more parking spaces.
- Free Parking Lot: A license is not required for parking lots that do not charge a fee. Examples include employee or customer parking lots.
- Parking Lot Class C – Temporary Events: A parking lot near the TCF stadium with event parking for up to 15 days per year.
- Valet Parking: Car parking for customers.
- Valet Parking: Adding additional zones.
Contact Business Licenses.
For reasonable accommodations, or alternative formats, call or email 311. People who are deaf, or hard of hearing, can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700. Yog xav tau kev pab hu 612-637-2800. Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Jul 28, 2020