Safe Alcohol Sales and Service Techniques
1. Be polite but firm. Explain that you will get into serious trouble if you do not check everyone’s ID.
2. Learn how to read birth dates to determine if a person is 21 or older.
3. Make sure the picture on the ID matches the person.
4. Do not accept excuses such as, "I forgot my license at home."
5. Help your co-workers. Remind each other. Back each other up.
6. If someone attempts to share their alcoholic drink with a minor, ask them to stop or leave your property. This includes the outdoor areas and parking lots.
7. If a customer gives you a hard time, offer to let them speak to the owner or manager.
8. If you come across a difficult situation, ask your supervisor how to handle it.
9. Ask your supervisor to explain anything confusing.
10. If in doubt, refuse to sell.
11. If uncomfortable, find a supervisor
Contact Business Licenses.
For reasonable accommodations, or alternative formats, call or email 311. People who are deaf, or hard of hearing, can use a relay service to call 311 at 612- 673-3000. TTY users can call 612- 673-2157 or 612- 673-2626.
Para asistencia 612- 673-2700. Yog xav tau kev pab hu 612- 637-2800. Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Jul 9, 2019