Community Planning & Economic Development

Business Licenses & Consumer Services
505 S Fourth Ave, Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: 612-673-2080


Visit Business Portal button

Didn't find what you are looking for?  Visit the Contact 311 web page for information about the City and City services.


Door-to-Door & Secondhand Sales

Listed below are the applications for a new license.  Before you begin, look at our instructions on how to apply for a business license

License Applications 

Donation Collection Bin: A container for the public to donate items to reuse or recycle. 

Flea Market: A temporary sale of arts, crafts, antiques or secondhand goods. 

Pawnbroker: A business that

  • lends money with personal property used as collateral
  • lends money in exchange for a mortgage on personal property
  • buys personal property with the intent of selling the same back again or 
  • sells personal property on consignment

Precious Metal Dealer: Buying and selling used items containing precious metals. Jewelry stores or coin shops that buy or trade these items need a license.

Peddler: Door to door sales. Payment and delivery occur immediately. 

Solicitor, Individual: An individual who takes orders for future delivery of goods or services.

Transient Merchant: The sale of goods at a temporary location.

Youth Fundraising: Groups with individuals age 17 or under, participating in fundraising programs.  You must register with the City of Minneapolis.  There is no fee.  Examples include public or private schools, scouts, community sports, etc. Here is information about sample ID cards.  


Contact Business Licenses

For reasonable accommodations, or alternative formats, call or email 311. People who are deaf, or hard of hearing, can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626. 

Para asistencia 612-673-2700. Yog xav tau kev pab hu 612-673-2800. Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Last updated Sep 23, 2020



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Regulatory Services  ©1997-2021 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo