Inspections Services

Public Service Building
505 South 4th Avenue, Room 510
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Report a Problem

Abandoned Vehicles Centered Text
Housing Code Violations Icon Centered
Long Grass & Weeds Icon Centered
Rental Unit Problems Centered Icon
Trash or Rubbish Centered Icon


Minneapolis311iconCall 311 for information about the City and City services.



Non-English Resources

Non-English Information, this icon shows text for espanol, hmoob and soomaaliga

Find services and City information translated in other languages.


Report Problems with Your Rental Unit

If you would like to complain of a problem in your apartment or other rental unit, please fill in this form. The fields with a red asterisk (*) are required. If you want to complain about something in your neighborhood (other than the building you live in), please fill out the Report a Code Violation Form.

It is necessary for the inspector to be able to contact you in order to follow up on your request. Please provide the following information for that purpose. Information related to the person who made the complaint is confidential and will not be released to the public.

For example: "bathroom sink clogged," or "roaches," or "broken windows," or "open wires," or "holes in walls," or "bad wiring." NOT: "It's awful," or "needs to be condemned."

Yes No

Yes No

Yes No

Yes No

Tennessen Warning
Data that identify individuals who complain about violations of laws concerning the use of real property are classified as confidential data under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act. Housing Inspection Services may collect such data from renters.

The information is necessary to contact the renter to schedule an inspection and to be able to obtain any additional information that may be necessary to address specific complaints. Complainants are not required to provide their personal information.

However, in the case of an interior housing tenant complaint, Housing Inspection Services is unable to take any enforcement action against the property owner unless a tenant is willing to cooperate with Housing Inspection Services so interior violations can be verified. The identities of individuals who register complaints about the use of real property not be provided to the public, but an individual who is potentially subject to criminal or civil penalties for an alleged violation may have the right to obtain the identities of complainants if his/her due process rights so require.

Last updated Apr 2, 2019



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Regulatory Services  ©1997-2021 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo