Report Long Grass or Weeds
Grass or weeds taller than 8 inches is in violation of Minneapolis ordinance. If grass or weeds are taller than 8", an inspector may issue an order to the property owner giving them at least 3 days to cut it. If the violation is not corrected, inspectors may authorize a contractor to cut the grass and assess the costs and administrative fees to the owner.
- Questions with an asterisk (*) are required.
- You must provide an email address and your first and last name.
- Please be specific about the violation. Is the long grass or weeds in the front, side, back yard? Is it along the fence line, or near the alley?
- When you submit the form, you will receive an email confirming your request.
- The email will have the case number and an expected completion date for your request.
- Service Level Goal: This issue may take 10 work days for an initial response, and 10-15+ additional days for nuisance condition resolution.
- Resolution: An inspector will review the complaint, and make an initial inspection of the property where the complaint is registered. If a violation of ordinance is found, a violation letter will be sent to the taxpayer of record at the property. Final resolution of the nuisance condition, in some cases, cannot be estimated.
Last updated Apr 24, 2020