Minneapolis Impound Lot
The Impound Lot will be closed on Friday, July 3rd, and Saturday, July 4th, in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
Think your vehicle has been towed?
- Use our Online Vehicle Search to find out if the City has your vehicle.
- Learn how to get your vehicle out of impound.
- Within 72 hours, the City mails a notice to the registered owner of the vehicle. If the vehicle is not picked up within 15 days of the notice, it may be sold at auction.
Why did it get towed?
Vehicles are towed for many reasons, including:
- illegally parking or blocking traffic
- by police orders (e.g. it's in an accident, stolen, or involved in a crime)
- violating snow emergency rules
- blocking street sweeping, seal coating, or street maintenance
- if it's abandoned
- if it poses a danger to public safety
Avoid Being Towed
Reduce the possibility of your car being towed:
- Follow permanent and temporary street signs carefully
- Be sure to adhere to parking meter rates and restrictions
- Learn the rules about parking during a Snow Emergency
Last updated Jul 2, 2020