The Minneapolis Health Department is partnering with worksites, schools, childcare settings, clinics and communities to help Minneapolis residents be more physically active
No matter where you are or what you are doing, you can find safe, fun ways to get active — so Let’s Get Moving!
Engaging Northside partners and residents to collect input on a potential greenway to support health, transportation and recreation.
Working with public housing residents to improve walkability and increase falls prevention programming and fitness equipment use.
Physical Activity Provides Many Health Benefits:
For most adults, getting 30 minutes of moderate physical activity per day will improve health. The activity can even be broken up into three 10-minute chunks, like taking short, brisk walks. Choosing to get around by walking, biking, or taking transit instead of driving is a great way to incorporate exercise into your day. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), regular physical activity can:
- Help control your weight
- Prevent heart problems, diabetes, and some cancers
- Strengthen your muscles and bones
- Improve your mental health
- Prevent falls, if you are an older adult
Physical Activity tips and resources:
- Find out how much exercise people of different ages should get by visiting the CDC website
- Exercising in the winter can help you feel better and maintain a healthy weight, so grab a friend or a family member and get active!
- Learn more about healthy ways to get around Minneapolis:
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Feb 2, 2021