EMS Pathways Academy Student Internship 2020
The EMS Pathways Academy internship is an 12-week basic Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification course. Getting your EMT certification can open the door to many career paths. Graduates of our program have become Minneapolis firefighters, dispatchers, paramedics and more. Career opportunities for qualified EMTs are broad and the field continues to grow.
It's important we fill these positions with people that represent our diverse communities. To this end the Minneapolis Fire Department hosts this training to remove barriers to achieving the EMT certification. 85% of graduates were people of color and 48% were female.
Apply for the program from February 17, 2020 through Monday, March 2, 2020 before 11:59 PM. Apply at www.minneapolismn.gov/jobs under Open Jobs - Internships.
Eligibility and Selection
- Who: You must have a high school diploma or GED and have authorization to work in the United States
- When: Classes are set to begin early April. Classes are on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Cost: There‘s no cost to apply. The pay is $15 per hour if accepted into the program.
- Sign up for Job Alerts on the City of Minneapolis website to be notified when the internship is posted
- Attend a Community Information Session:
- Friday, February 21 from 3-5 PM at UROC - 2001 Plymouth Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Friday, February 28 from 5-7 PM at the American Indian OIC - 1845 East Franklin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Apply online at the City of Minneapolis Jobs Website from February 17-March 2 before 11:59 PM
- Panel Interviews
- Selected candidates undergo Pre-Employment Testing (i.e. Background Check) and Internship Starts
Last updated Feb 18, 2020