44th Ave. N. Strategic Plan
The 44th Ave. N. Strategic Plan is an opportunity to inform the future of the 44th Ave. N. corridor and create an implementation plan for long-term redevelopment of 44th Ave. N. The Strategic Plan will implement the policies of Minneapolis 2040 to achieve comprehensive plan goals such as to create more affordable and accessible housing opportunities and increase access to living-wage jobs.
Community Engagement and Participation
The 44th Ave. N. Plan Workgroup will assist the City with the creation of the Strategic Plan. Workgroup member responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of the Strategic Plan
- Assisting in the design of development concepts for City-owned lots at 44th Ave. N. and Penn Ave. N.
- Developing community economic development implementation strategy; such as discussing and coordinating roles and responsibilities of the City, businesses, and community stakeholders in implementation.
The 44th Ave. N. Plan Workgroup shall consist of 10 members, to be appointed as follows:
- Six community resident members (seat 1 through 6), with at least one from each of the following areas, with preference in appointment to include at least one renter representative and one representative who is between 16 and 21 years of age at time of application:
- Resident of Victory neighborhood
- Resident of Webber-Camden neighborhood
- Resident of Shingle Creek neighborhood
- Resident of Lind-Bohanon neighborhood
- Four affiliated group representative members (seat 7 through 10), which must include at least one member representing each of the following groups:
- An owner of a business located in North Minneapolis
- A representative, student, or parent of a student of Patrick Henry High School
Community members interested in participating on the workgroup can express interest by contacting Rattana Sengsoulichanh.
Deadline: August 25, 2019
For more information contact Senior City Planner Rattana Sengsoulichanh, 612-673-5046
Last updated Jul 25, 2019