COVID-19 Community Briefings
The Neighborhood and Community Relations Department has been host community briefings with community leaders and organizations to share important COVID-19 information. City leaders and key staff participate in the conversations. The City hopes to learn from community what their needs and priorities are related to COVID-19. The City is committed to ensuring that communities have access to important COVID-19 information.
Community briefing report back
The City has prepared this report of the information shared, community response, needs, concerns and resources from the first round of community briefings which occurred between March 20 and April 6.
About COVID-19 community briefings
The City has held community briefings with African American, American Indian, East African, LGBTQIA+, Southeast Asian and Latinx communities, as well as seniors and people with disabilities. The Latinx community briefing is a weekly meeting series with Council Member Cano. Upcoming briefing dates will be announced on this web page.
The participants in these briefings have included community leaders and organizations, the mayor, Council members, NCR, Health, Race and Equity Division, CPED and other City staff and other jurisdictional partners.
Community briefing on COVID-19 for immigrants and refugees
Led by Michelle Rivero, director of the Minneapolis Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs and Edmundo Lijo of the City of Saint Paul.
- Friday, June 26, 2020, 4-5:30 p.m.
Latinx community briefings
- Mondays, weekly, 12 p.m. Series ended May 18.
Notes and action steps from past briefings
- May 18 COVID-19 Latinx Community Call Minutes
- Meeting Minutes Latinx Community COVID19 Response May 4, 2020
- Meeting Minutes Latinx Community COVID19 Response April 27, 2020
- Meeting Minutes Latinx Community COVID19 Response April 20, 2020
- Meeting Minutes Latinx Community COVID19 Response April 13, 2020
- Action Items from Latinx Community COVID19 Response April 6, 2020 Meeting
LGBTQAI+ community briefing
Community briefing for seniors and people with disabilities
African American community briefing
East African community briefing
- Next date TBD
- May 21 COVID-19 East African Community Briefing
American Indian community briefing
Southeast Asian community briefing
More from the City
Contact the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department at 612-673-3737 or [email protected].
Last updated Jun 29, 2020