Office of Police Conduct Review
As a result of the City of Minneapolis Public Health Emergency Declaration on March 16th, 2020, the Department of Civil Rights is operating in a modified capacity and will be unable to hold in-person intakes, filings, or meetings. Please utilize our website to file complaints or inquiries. Additionally, you can file a complaint or inquiry by contacting Minneapolis 311.
Phone: 311 (within city of Minneapolis) -or- (612) 673-3000
Text: 311TXT or 311898 to start your text
E-Mail: [email protected]
Staff are still available as usual during business hours and will respond to e-mails and voicemails per usual.
The Office of Police Conduct Review (OPCR) is a neutral agency that investigates allegations of police misconduct made to the City of Minneapolis.
The Office of Police Conduct Review promotes adherence to the highest standard of police conduct and fosters mutual respect between the Minneapolis Police Department and the community it serves by fairly, objectively, and neutrally investigating complaints that allege misconduct by Minneapolis Police officers.
To embed significant positive cultural changes in interactions between police officers and the community that will enhance and retain mutual respect and compassion.
- Assuring that police services are delivered in a lawful and nondiscriminatory manner
- Providing the public meaningful participatory oversight of police misconduct
- Investigating complaints of misconduct on the part of officers of the Minneapolis Police Department
Studies Presented to Police Conduct Oversight Commission:
- Policing and Evictions
- Domestic Violence Response
- Complaint Filing Experience (Implementation in Progress)
- Officer Interactions with Mental Health Issues: A Policy Study
- MPD Body Camera Policy Study
- Investigative Stops Documentation Review
- Coaching Process Analysis (Tableau Workbook)
- PCOC Research and Study Process
OPCR Fact Sheets
- OPCR Fact Sheet
- PCOC Fact Sheet
- Police Corrective Action in Minneapolis
- How State Law Affects Civilian Oversight
Last updated Jul 7, 2020