Policy and Procedure Committee
- Lacy Schumacher (Chair)
- Jeffrey Wade
- Abigail Cerra
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accept assignments from the commission to consider areas of concern in the Minneapolis Police Department's policies and procedures identified at regular Commission meetings, including but not limited to areas of concern the Commission identifies when discussing the monthly case summaries
- Liaison with staff of the Minneapolis Civil Rights Department to identify any department resources available to assist in the subcommittee's work
- The Policy and Procedure Committee is intended to supplement, but not replace, the general authority of the Commission to carry out a program of improving Minneapolis Police Department policies and procedures. The Policy and Procedure Committee will facilitate the coordination of research and study, and will aid the Commission in identifying areas of further study that the Commission may overlook
- The committee will also request and recommend ad-hoc committees to pursue courses of research and study as needed
The Policy and Procedure Committee meets regularly on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in room 241 of Minneapolis City Hall, 350 S. 5th St., Minneapolis, MN 55415.
Issue Tracking Queue
The Policy and Procedure Committee maintains a tracking spreadsheet of issues under consideration. The sheet tracks the issue, sub-issues, and case summaries that highlight the issue.
- PCOC Body Camera DC Memo
- Request Information Letter - Stop Frisk 8/27/2014
- Request Information Letter - Body Cameras 8/24/2014
Last updated Jun 9, 2020