Minneapolis Public Works color.png

Maintenance Requests

Maintenance of bikeways is handled by four agencies. The lists below are a guide which will assist you in reporting a maintenance concern. If you see a problem, please call one of the phone numbers below. Government agencies rely on the public to flag bicycle-related maintenance problems.

Within reason, you are encouraged to report any maintenance task that affects your safety or convenience. This may include items such as pothole repair, debris pick-up, overgrown brush, problems with sewer grates, snow and ice removal, etc.

For maintenance requests related to Nice Ride Bicycle Sharing, call 1-877-551-6423.

City of Minneapolis

Call 311 or 612-673-3000*

*Some City of Minneapolis maintenance issues can be reported online. Go to MinneapolisMN.gov, and click on the "Report Issues & Complaints" drop-down menu. Issues pertaining to graffiti, potholes, signs, street lights, and traffic signals are available on this menu.

Hennepin County

Call 612-596-0299

*Hennepin County maintains striping and potholes only. The City of Minneapolis maintains signs and debris pick-up along county routes.

Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board

Call 612-230-6400

University of Minnesota

Call 612-625-1333

* The U of M Transitway Trail is not plowed in winter.

Last updated May 10, 2019



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Public Works  ©1997-2020 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo