Regulatory Services

Minneapolis Animal Care
& Control

212 17th Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411

911 for Emergencies (Animal Attacks)

Call 311 (non-emergency issues)

612-673-MACC (6222)
Fax: 612-673-6255


Injured Animals, Wildlife, Deceased Animals, and Pest Control

Injured or Sick Domestic Animals

If you find an injured or sick domestic animal, call 311. Minneapolis Animal Care and Control (MACC) does respond if the animal is hurt or ill. If the owner is present, it is the responsibility of the owner to seek appropriate medical treatment if needed. If the owner is unable or unwilling to seek medical treatment, he or she may sign an “Owner Release” which gives ownership of the animal to MACC.


MACC may respond to calls about wildlife only if the animal is sick or injured, for example:

If you find an obviously injured animal, bring it to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center: 2530 Dale St. N. Roseville 55113. For more information, visit the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota. If you have questions regarding a possibly orphaned animal, please call the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center at (651) 486-9453 before attempting to capture it.

Deceased Animals

If you find a deceased animal - wild or domestic - they need to be disposed of properly. Disposal with organics recycling or garbage is prohibited, as is burying an animal in the city.

Pets: If your pet passes away please contact a veterinarian, cremation service, pet cemetery, humane society or call 311 to get in touch with MACC. 

Road Kill: If you find a deceased animal on the street call the road authority that has immediate responsibility. Call 311 for deceased animals on City streets, as well as on public or private property. Call Hennepin County for deceased animals on county roads, and call MNDOT for deceased animals on State-managed roads. 

Pest Control

MACC does not respond to pest complaints. For example, MACC will not send an Animal Control Officer for mice, squirrels, or birds in a home, raccoons in rafters, or non-domestic animals in abandoned houses. Please call a pest control company for removal of these animals.

Last updated Jun 22, 2020



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Animal Care & Control  ©1997-2020 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo