Regulatory Services

Minneapolis Animal Care
& Control

212 17th Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55411

911 for Emergencies (Animal Attacks)

Call 311 (non-emergency issues)

612-673-MACC (6222)
Fax: 612-673-6255


Do I Need a Pet License or an Animal Permit?

Individual pet licenses are required for all cats, dogs, and ferrets in Minneapolis.

Pursuant to Minneapolis City Ordinance 63.20 - Domestic Animals. No person shall keep, harbor, maintain, care for, or have custody or control over any dog, cat, or ferret over four (4) months of age, for a period in excess of five (5) days without first having obtained a license from MACC.

Click the above link for more information on how to obtain a license to keep you and your pet in compliance!

Animal permits are required for:

Minneapolis Animal Care and Control accepts the following forms of payment: Cash, Check, Money Order and Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.)



Last updated Jun 19, 2020



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-263-6850.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Animal Care & Control  ©1997-2020 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo