Emergency Foster Program
Minneapolis Animal Care and Control (MACC) is preparing for a possible influx of animals due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To avoid shelter overcrowding, we are hoping to recruit members of the community for emergency foster homes.
Foster homes help manage the shelter population by increasing our capacity for care and allowing us to better focus our staff resources. It also keeps animals well by reducing stress on their immune systems and mental health.
MACC will provide all the supplies to care for the animal. We're looking for homes that:
- Can commit to take an animal for at least four weeks
- Have reliable transportation to pickup the animal and supplies
- Can keep the animal separate from other animals you may have in your household
Please understand we are trying to be prepared, and we'll only contact you in the event of an emergency. Filling out the application doesn't automatically register you as an approved foster home.
Here's what you can do if you're interested in helping out:
- Fill out the emergency foster application form below
- If you're needed as a foster, a MACC representative will reach out to you. Please don't contact MACC about the status of your application
- You must complete the approval process, which includes a phone interview, short training session, and required paperwork
Last updated Apr 13, 2020